Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Peanuts Movie Trailer Revealed

Last night, the second trailer for the upcoming Peanuts reboot was revealed online.


So far, this movie is looking better than I was expecting when I first heard about it. I was skeptical the CGI animated recreation of the classic cartoon. First of all, I am not a fan of putting characters who were originally traditionally animated, and making them CGI. Second, I was afraid that they would try to modernize it, and make it another crappy kid's movie that just happens to have well-known characters.

But my faith in this was helped when the first trailer was revealed. It showed the animation style, which was surprisingly not as bad as I or a lot of other people thought it would be. And this second trailer, pop tune aside, captures the same spirit of the original specials. This may not be so bad after all.

However, I am still not sure if I can get over the new animation style. Maybe I'm too old-fashioned, but it still doesn't feel the same as the specials. It has most of what made them great down, but I still can't see them in the same way.

Normally, I would give this a rating, but I do not know what to give it without putting my old-fashioned-ness into play. I'll just say it looks better than it sounds on paper, and it could be enough to satisfy fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment