Friday, November 7, 2014

Interstellar Movie Review

It was difficult to decide what to rate this movie. This is the type of movie that people will either love or hate, and I didn't find myself enjoying it.

Interstellar takes place in the future, where Earth has lost most of its resources and mankind is dying. A group of scientists have left Earth in an attempt to find new worlds for the species to live, so that they may survive.

I was very excited to see this film, because it was directed by Christopher Nolan, who I think is a very talented director. However, while it is not a bad film, it just seemed like, to put it simply, I didn't get it.

On one hand, this has some great acting and special effects. The cast includes several big stars like Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine, and they all give amazing performances.The special effects are also incredible, as they take you to new worlds.

However, I feel like the film just went over my head. The story is very complex, and near the end becomes confusing. In addition to that, it is almost three hours long, and slow at times.

However, once again this is not a bad film, it's just not my type of movie. If you love thought-provoking sci-fi, and don't mind complex mythology, then this is the perfect film for you. It has incredible special effects, good acting, and is very well directed by Nolan. So because I know how many people will love it, (I have read great reviews from some people) I am going to give it a passing grade.

3.0 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment