Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) Review

Directed by: Noah Baumbach (The Squid and the Whale, Frances Ha, Greenberg)

Starring: Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson

Plot: Released exclusively on Netflix. Three siblings (Sandler, Stiller, and Elisabeth Marvel) get together for an event celebrating their artist father (Hoffman), and come to terms with the impact he's had on their lives.

Review: After being in films like Jack and Jill and The Ridiculous Six, Adam Sandler finally proves again that he can actually act. It's just a shame that the rest of the movie isn't as good.
This is a Woody Allen style dramedy. It has great performances from it's all-star cast. But I personally didn't find the script to be interesting enough to get fully involved in.
But I would not tell anybody not to watch it. I am in the minority here, as this movie has been getting great reviews and was considered for the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival. Once again, this movie has some great performances, and could be Adam Sandler's comeback movie. I just found it underwhelming, and I'm going to give it the rating I think it deserves.
I really don't have much else to say about this movie. I just felt like I should write something about it on the blog.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment