Saturday, August 16, 2014

Magic in the Moonlight Movie Review

Since this is a blog that was started only this summer, I think that I have been talking mainly about summer blockbusters. So it's good that now I'm doing a movie like this.

Today, I went to see the new Woody Allen movie, Magic in the Moonlight. I went into this movie knowing absolutely nothing about it. And I was treated to a film that was very...decent, I guess.

In it Collin Firth plays a magician who attempts to debunk a psychic played by Emma Stone. However, after spending time with her, he begins to suspect that she may actually be psychic, though he does not want to believe it.

This movie has some good laughs and an interesting, uplifting story. It has a message of spirituality, but it doesn't seem preachy, or try to tell you what to believe. However, there isn't much to really make it stand out among other movies. It isn't very bad or very good, but somewhere in between. 

So this movie probably won't win any awards, or be considered among Woody Allen's best work, but it is good for an interesting funny romantic comedy-drama.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment