Monday, August 11, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Review

This is my first real post since I came back from work. I think that it would only be appropriate that it also be my first review with a rating. So now I bring you my thoughts on Guardians of the Galaxy. Enjoy.

I have always been skeptical of this movie for the bizzareness of the premise. However, I went to see it because it was part of the Marvel cinematic universe, and it had received good reviews. And I actually really enjoyed it.

The movie is about a human, who calls himself Starlord, who is an intergalactic outlaw, who gets sent to prison. However, he breaks out along with a group of four aliens, including Gamora, a woman with green skin, Drax, a man with pinkish skin, Rocket, a talking racoon, and Groot, a tree-like alien who could only say his own name. This new team then discovers that Starlord is in possession of an orb that an evil force wants for great power, and that they have to stop them.

This film is different from many other superhero movies. Rather than the fighters for justice that we usually see, the heroes in this movie are escaped convicts, and are as much anti-heroes as heroes. It also feels more like Star Wars than a superhero movie.

The characters feel real, and are portrayed very well. The action sequences are intense, and the humor is for the most part pretty good. It even had some heart to it, which was very surprising to me. Overall, this was a very good film, and I would recommend it to anybody who likes Marvel or space movies.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment