Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jay's Top Ten Least Anticipated Movies of 2017

All right, now it's time to look toward all of the bad movies of this year.
Now, I just want to say that there is a chance that some of these movies may be good. I haven't seen Ouija: Origin of Evil yet, but I've heard enough good things about it to know I was wrong to put it at number two on this list last year. This is just the list of movies that I have the least faith in. And if you're looking forward to any of them, then good for you. Don't let my opinion ruin your excitement. I'm just some guy on the internet with nothing better to do.

So without further ado, let's get into this thing.

10. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
 Trailer
The Resident Evil movies has been pretty cheesy from the beginning, and it's final installment probably won't be much different. The reason this movie ranks so low on this list is because it might become a guilty pleasure for me.

9. Friday the 13th
And so we get yet another Friday the 13th reboot. This is the thirteenth installment in this horror franchise which had run out of steam a long time ago. After almost thirty years, I think it's time to lay this franchise to rest.

8. Saw: Legacy
 And now we come to yet another horror sequel nobody asked for. Despite the statement that 2010's Saw 3D would be the last one, Hollywood is still eager to squeeze as much money as they can out of this dead franchise. I have never been a fan of this franchise's brand of torture based horror, even though I liked the psychological horror of the original movie. This movie will probably follow the sequels' formula of violence over terror, despite how the horror audience's tastes have shifted. So this is another horror franchise that needs to be laid to rest... again.

 7. Power Rangers
Trailer
Power Rangers is a show that does not hold up well, watching it as an adult. However, I do believe that a reboot might have worked, if it was aware of the show's campy nature, and focused on being fun. But this movie intends to take a darker, more serious tone. As a result, the trailer for this movie looks very dull, and almost like the much hated Fantastic Four reboot.

6. Captain Underpants
 I'll admit I was a fan of these books as a kid. But I am highly skeptical that they could work as a film. I feel like they worked best as short chapter books aimed mostly at children, rather than a full length animated movie aimed at families. I mean, if it wasn't for nostalgia, would you be eager to sit through a children's movie called Captain Underpants?

5. Amityville: The Awakening
 Trailer
This movie was also on last year's Least Anticipated list. You see it was originally set to be released last year, but it's release was pushed back to this January, and later to the summer. In addition to this, it wasn't even originally supposed to premier last year either. It was first set for release in the January of 2015, as the linked trailer says, but was pushed back multiple times. That is over two years this movie was delayed. In the movie business, this is a bad sign. Oh, and it's also an unnecessary sequel to a badly received horror remake.

4. The Nut Job: Nutty By Nature
 This sequel to the crappy 2014 family film. I'll admit to having not seen the original, but the bad reception of it is enough for me to be disinterested.

3. Smurfs: The Lost Village
 Another reboot of the popular 80's cartoon, this time completely animated. While I'll admit this looks better than the previous two movies, I have never been a fan of The Smurfs, and probably will never see this.

2. The Emoji Movie
 Yo, what up! I'm a Hollywood executive, and I'm down with the young ones! I know kids love emojis, so we got emojis! We have an entire movie about them! Come see it! It will make you LOL, and say OMG and... a bunch of other things that kids say these days! It's radical!

1. Fifty Shades Darker
 It was very difficult to decide which would get the top spot between this and The Emoji Movie. However, I had to go with this one, because despite how dreadful The Emoji Movie looks, I think that it could probably still entertain better than this one. This will probably be another equally plot-less, poorly acted piece of garbage. The books' main appeal lies in the sex scenes, which are certain to be toned down in the movies to keep an R-rating. This will probably be one of the worst movies of the year, and it is definitely my least anticipated film.

No comments:

Post a Comment